View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I
Second part first....on those campuses where Kappa, Iota, and/or Alpha are on both the local IFC it is moreso for goodwill. I am not too aware of local IFC policies on recruitment, so I can't address the "total" issue there...

However, "total" is very rare among local NPHCs. We usually call them "line caps." Quite honestly, the only orgs that line caps affect are AKA and Delta on large HBCU campuses where they could easily get over a hundred members.

"Recruitment" for us is really selection and intake. There are some similarities between how NPHC fraternities look for candidates and how NIC fraternities "rush" informally. In both processes, the members pretty much already know who they want, NPHCs because the aspirant has expressed an interest already (usually).
I know of only a few campuses that had some sort of IFC quota for formal rush. But I have never heard of a chapter total being applied to IFC. This doesn't mean that some campus may not have it, just that I am not aware of it. Now, individual chapters may decide to set a total for their chapter membership or for their pledge class. But not due to it being IFC mandated.