View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
My question: It seems like every other NPC sorority has been exploding in growth over the past five years. Have we really not added a new chapter in that time period? I know there have been a handful of recolonizations, which is awesome--IMO it's where our colonization energy should be if there's a limit to what we can do, and I know there is--but it just seems strange in the context of this massive system-wide growth otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendelta View Post
Yes, I agree. The only colonizations since 2010 have been Miami Ohio & Boise State. As of right now our only future colonization is Quinnipiac in 2017 and we just presented at Washington University in St. Louis.
A bit late to the game...but my two cents...

I wonder how many of the other sororities are starting completely new chapters vs re-colonizations as well. The statistic hunter in me would love to see the NPC data and compare our growth vs others.
Thinking back to my own colony days, I seem to remember that Tri Delta has a preference (policy?) for recolonizing inactive chapters. I'd be interested to see if this is true. For example, let's say 10 universities in a given year are open to expansion, and of those 10, 6 have inactive chapters. Is it the expansion committee's decision to pursue those 6 and not the others? Kind of like how legacies had to be invited to the second round in the past? Or is each expansions evaluated on its own merits? Things to ponder...