View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
An Update

This is an old story, but what the hell, I am going to bump it.
26 days after I wrote the last post on here, I was back on a plane heading to North Carolina. My best friend...my goddaughter's mother lost her battle with lung cancer To say I was devastated was an understatement. That following Sunday, at least 20 Chi Omegas drove the 2.5 hours down south to attend the funeral for her mother. I knew she had a lot on her plate, so because of this, I paid her Chi Omega dues for the remainder of the time she was in school (Thank goodness they did not have houses!)

She served on her chapter's exec as Vice President.

FF to 2015: She met a wonderful guy who put a ring on it. He didn't go Greek, but his daddy is a Kappa Alpha Order from a school in Virginia. The day after the engagement, I told her she needed to bring him for a sit down with me...since mama was no longer with us, he had to go through ME! Needless to say, Mama Jill gave the stamp of approval! He is good people and I adore his family!

They both graduated in May 2015. My goddaughter graduated cum laude and I made the trip to see her walk. Thankfully, I was now living closer to her.

As I stated before, I took her to buy her a dress for her first sorority formal (her first "yes to the dress"). In October 2015, I was honored to be with her when she said "yes to the wedding dress".

It wasn't intended, but she is following her late mother's footsteps by working for a non profit agency. Being the Chi Omega she is, she is now working for her area Make A Wish Foundation.

I just took another look at the photo of her and her new member class (and her big in the background)

This past Friday (yup, 2 days ago), she got married in her hometown in North Carolina. Six of those women in the photo (including her big) were standing up with her when she walked down the aisle (8 bridesmaids)
One of the bridesmaids made the trip from Alaska

The wedding was beautiful and the sisters that were in attendance serenaded her. It was beautiful! Many joyful tears were shed.

To say I am proud of her is an understatement. I know her mother is smiling down on her and busting with pride