View Single Post
Old 12-17-2001, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

These posts are hilarious ... and ofcourse I have a few to share as well.

As a rushee I just think luck was not on my side (or my roommates). On the way to our first meeting with the Rho Chi, my roommate fell down a flight of stairs which no one could help laughing at, even she was in hysterics.

Pref night I was obviously nervous and it really bit me in the rear end. While I was talking to a member, and I was also holding sparkling cider, I got excited telling a story and accidentally spilled the entire thing all over a nice couch. Then during a candle ceremony, while the President was speaking my candle started dripping onto my hands. It took everything not to scream at the top of my lungs because the hot wax just kept dripping. Later I learned that another PNM's hair caught on fire at AXO's due to the candles. It's a wonder I got my bid, but just goes to show that it's okay to be human during rush.

This year during rush a PNM spilled lemonade all over her pants, and knowing how embarassing that was I helped get her a blow dryer and she spent a lot of the party trying to dry her pants because she still had quite a few houses to go to. She didn't end up in our house but we all thought it was great that something embarassing like that happened, but she really did just laugh it off and try to make the best of it.

We also had a rushee this year come up to a member (at a party during rush) and say "Well I really love your house but I know in my heart I'm a Theta so you shouldn't even ask me back." You can guess what we did.

Like many other posts, we've experienced gorgeous girls who just sit there and don't really say anything during rush because they assume they don't have to make any effort due to their looks. They always end up disappointed. One girl in particular spent her time twirling her hair and answering every question with a yes or no. Times like those you just wish you had a mini bar to get through the whole round.

Last but not least, my favorite story ... one round during rush I ran upstairs to change shoes because my feet were killing me by the end of the night. I thought I had timed it right but I was getting shoes in my closet when I hear the door open and a rushee and a member were already in my room (we don't always rush in our own rooms and this round I was going to be helping out in the kitchen). I shut the door to my closet and just sat there. Apparently the party had started already!!! I spent the whole thirty minutes stuffed inside my closet trying not to make a move thinking what in the world would this girl think if i fell out of the closet!!! Just imagine, the rushee would think I was spying on her or just plain crazy!! Then visions of panhel finding out and thinking that's what we actually do ... it was a nightmare. Thankfully everything was okay and I got to leave unnoticed. In retrospect I'm guess I should have just walked out my room and it wouldn't have been that bad. But in a panic situation I guess I assumed sitting in a closet wouldn't be weirder. I definetly won't be doing that again!