View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

If your chapter is having these deliberations regarding image/identity, I think this TED Talk should be mandatory viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0HIF3SfI4

This talk has been disseminated from Sigma Nu HQ to our various chapters and at least to my mind has been very helpful in getting to the "why" of our organization. This isn't something you're going to acquire with some new paraphernalia or through some workshops or activities. This is something that takes a lot of discussion, a lot of collaboration and a lot of consensus building.

Recently, the chapter I advised went through something which required us all to step back and address some of these identity issues. We created and implemented a multi-year, multi-phase plan where we made some real decisions about what sort of organization we want to be. This takes constant collaboration between actives and alums as it is HARD to implement a multi-year plan when the executive leadership expected to implement that plan change every year without a constant presence advisers can provide.

This is definitely not something you can accomplish on your own. It'll need to be a consensus between actives and alumnae, but it is worth doing.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma