View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 614 View Post
My daughter is rushing...went to 13 the first round, but only 4 yesterday. 1 she loves (and she is a legacy), 2 she likes and would be happy to join and one she dislikes and won't accept a bid so she will not list it on her card. She hasn't gotten a phone call so I guess she's going back to at least one. I have to say, we are from out of state and I think that has made it extra hard. It seems like so much is based on high school connections. She has not met one girl from another state at any house she has visited and she really is wondering if she will fit in if everyone is just reliving high school. She is not at all hopeful and has resigned herself to the possibility of no bid, but seems fine with it. I just want it to be over.
I didn't go to U of I, but am from a large suburb of Chicago, and probably 100 people from my high school class did go there and most of them joined the same sororities (part of the reason I didn't go there). I know it's really hard to be an out of state student there--looking at the overall statistics, there just aren't a lot of out of state kids there period, so of course there aren't many in the Greek system--but hopefully things work out for your daughter. Hopefully she will give it a chance if she does get a bid. The houses are big enough that she should be able to find some girls she likes. Good luck to her!