View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Retro Razorback Recruitment

I have enjoyed reading so many wonderful recruitment stories this summer from the comfort of "lurkdom" -- and so to introduce myself I thought I would write out my personal recruitment story to give you a glimpse into me

As the title implies, I went through recruitment at the University of Arkansas (Go Hogs!) back when it was still called rush in the late 90s. Unlike many of my co-rushers, I didn't really think I would go through rush just based on the stereotypes that I had heard, but the summer before my freshman year I worked with 2 active members of UA sororities who encouraged me to rush. Not knowing anything about references or the cut throat nature of an SEC rush, and very little about the Greek system (my dad had pledged a fraternity, but transferred before initiation) -- I went in a little blind -- but excited about starting school.

At the time there were 7 NPC sororities on campus. Because I am on a bit of a health kick, I am going to use fruits as my code:
Kiwi
Orange
Peach
Banana
Apple
Grapes
Apricot

Since it has been a few years since recruitment, I may be wrong about this -- but there were 5 days of recruitment:
2 Open Party Days (all chapters for 1 hour each over 2 days)
House Tour Day (6 party day)
Invitational Day (4 party day)
Preference Day (2 party day)

Anyways -- Hope you enjoy my "hog wild" recruitment

Last edited by wavycutchip; 09-27-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: to add more info about recruitment party type