View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 4 – House Tour Day

(I can’t remember the official name)

She got up and got all dressed in her Lilly, curled her hair, and was ready for the day! It was still raining, so I am not sure why she bothered.

She got her schedule.

Chardonnay
Merlot
Moscato
Chablis
Pinot Noir

Immediately she said Cabernet Sauvignon isn’t there. I mentioned that her top two were still there. She said neither was Pinot Grigio. I reminded her that she wasn’t crazy about the girls she talked to, and really liking a skit someone put on didn’t necessarily mean it was the house for her. She agreed.

Port was missing as well and she shared the girl she talked to couldn’t hold a positive conversation with her, so she was very annoyed by that. We discussed hiding her annoyance, and she continued, “but I was truly annoyed.” Okay. Moving on.

Mom note: remember? Princess doesn’t hide annoyance well.

I try to give her a pep talk because once again, she doesn’t have a full schedule. She cut me off. “I know, mom, I got this. I’m fine. Stop worrying. This is my chance to grow up and do things on my own.”

Point taken. Enjoy your day!

I’m sorry to OHSOHAPPY and others who feel I am not sharing enough detail. I can only share what is shared with me. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all recruiting stories.

I got updates sporadically throughout the day.

First update:
I’m not feeling Chardonnay is the one. There is nothing bad to say. The house was okay, but LOVED Merlot. The house is beautiful. They have both cold airs and bedrooms. Everything is decorated so nicely and I asked the girls about their favorite memories in the house and it just sounded so fun. Merlot was above and beyond my dream sorority house. One of the girls that I talked to, said, "oh yea, I was supposed to be looking for you! SO and SO was raving about you!"

Second Update came shortly before visiting the 3rd house:
Bad headache. So Tired. Raining again. If Moscato or Merlot don’t ask me back tomorrow, can I drop?

WOAH! Think fast. I replied, “well, don’t think about it like that. Be positive and we will discuss if that happens. But, don’t focus on that! Enjoy the experience. Face tomorrow, tomorrow! Ok? You still have 3 houses to visit!”

As a mom, I am so worried. This process is really taking a toll on her physically, but also mentally. She is not my normal cheerful, bubbly princess who enjoys adventure and never sleeps and claims most days to be the best day ever, but a run-down, cranky, crabby girl who just needs sleep. Is anyone ever fully prepared for this week we call recruitment?

Third update:
Moscato – LOVED IT! The girl kept saying how pretty I was, and that of course made me feel good!
Chablis – The girls are nice, just not for me.
Pinot Noir – The girls are nice, just not for me.

More people are dropping, so I believe that is on her mind. She has friends that have lost their first and second choices and very discouraged. She can only see herself in 2 of the 5 that are left on her list (and they have been her favs since the beginning), and she is trying not to get her hopes up. She opted for chicken noodle soup and an early night. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by ImJustAMom; 08-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.