Thread: Release figures
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
Penguin, what's new about the new release figure system? The old system, at least the way I understood it, seemed excellent. Maybe schools were just awful at enforcement of the figures?
The new system, while more complicated, takes more into account and allows for more flexibility. For example, some chapters may only invte 1.5 times quota back to preference, others may invite 2x or 3x. The system also helps the PNMs stay realistic, I believe. On a a lot of campuses, chapters would invite everyone back until right before preference, then make a huge cut at that time. The new system asks for larger cuts earlier into the process. I think it gives PNMs and chapters a more realistic outlook of what to expect down the road. I think that everyone can agree that heavy cuts early in the week are much easier to handle than later in the week, after a PNM has built up significant hope at *a* particular house, only to be let go right before preference.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.