View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally think they have outlived their usefulness. I like the idea of an alumna submitting a rec for her best friend's daughter who she has known and loved since literally the day she was born. But the recs from an Alumnae Panhellenic or your dentist's sister's hair dresser seem like a hazing before the fact task.

I wish NPC would get together and ban them, but that doesn't just stray but treads heavily on member selection. I'd rather see a day of rush added so the chapters can get to know the girls better and eliminate this archaic process. Or 5 minute interviews similar to the interviews that happen in colonies. The alums would be doing these interviews. And if the chapters don't like this because it's giving too much power to the alums, then they shouldn't be using recs anyway, because that's exactly what they're doing by putting so much importance on them. I picture this round happening between rounds 1 and 2. Just a thought!