Thread: PostSecret
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomanadaxo View Post
We actually did a "post secret" bonding thing with my sorority. Someone passed out index cards and we all wrote a secret on them, then went up and put them in a box. They were shuffled and redistributed so that everyone read someone elses' card...that way no one knew whose was whose. It was a really cool exercise that helped us all realize not everyone is perfect. After all, we all have secrets!

Postsecret is totally my Sunday addiction. I get so sad when I've read all the ones for the week...I always crave more!
we did this too! and it was an ah-mazing activity! we (myself-adviser, my standards adviser, and the VP in charge of the activity) read them out loud to the chapter. they were heartbreaking, funny, sad, and just emotional overall.

the hardest ones to read were the ones (yes, multiple) about being raped.

one new member even felt her bond grow after this activity since she could relate to another secret and then felt if that sister could feel comfortable at the house then so could she.

i highly recommended doing this for a fun chapter! and then, of course, we mailed them all to postsecret!