View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

It is unfortunate that this had to happen. It is important to keep in mind that NOT ALL chapters of Pi Kappa Phi are like that.

So hopefully few of you will judge their organization based on an incident in one chapter. I'm sure that most of you have chapters that do not make your organization look great.

I am a member of a Local Sorority, founded on the dance floor of Pi Kapp's BA chapter @ NJIT. As much as I would love to expand and have chapters accross the US. I am greatful that I do not have to worry about other chapters giving us a bad reputation.

It's important to remember though...that when a Hazing issue makes national headlines. It doesn't just make Pi Kappa Phi look bad. It makes ALL fraternities look bad...and ALL sororities too. It is bad PR for Greek Life Everywhere.

So learn from this. Don't let your organization make headlines for hazing....Make headlines for raising money for charity, helping build a house for Habitat for Humanity, for earning the Highest GPA's, for the good stuff.

For every hazing headline we need to have 10 positive PR headlines. That's the only way that the general public is going to realize that we're not all about parties, hazing, and ditching class.

Graceanne