View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I took a girl through one of our first round parties this year, and she was talking about being homesick. We started talking about where she lived, etc., when she decided to throw in...."What makes this homesickness worse is that my dad is a *very successful* doctor, so we have a really amazing house, and a place at the beach and in the mountains. Every year we add something new onto our house. A few years ago we got a **movie theater**, last year we got two tennis courts and this year we added a full sized basketball court. I mean, since we have such nice things it makes living in a dorm so terrible by comparison..." What am I supposed to say to that? Good for you? She was an in-house legacy to XYZ sorority, though, and I'm glad she went there!

The other terrible rushee I had came through that night and was also a double in-house legacy for the same sorority (let's say XYZ) as the first girl. I saw that one of my sisters had a bored-looking rushee so I went over to help. I tried to get her (the terrible XYZ legacy) to talk but she would not do it for the life of me! I can usually chat with anyone, so I was pretty shocked! What made it worse is that she kept looking around the room, never making eye contact (I hate that!). When I asked her where she was from, she told me, and I asked if it was hard to be so far from home. She sighed, rolled her eyes, took a deep breath and let it rip. "Look, I have a a brother and two sisters here, so NO, I'm not homesick. I live in such and such dorm, am a (whatever, I forget) major, and BOTH of my sisters are in the same sorority. And YES, we're close. Does that answer all of the questions you were about to ask? I'm sorry, but I've had the same conversation at every sorority tonight and I'm pretty sick of it."

My sister and I were so shocked we didn't know what to do! So we began chatting with each other, since the rushee wouldn't give us the time of day! Thankfully, she didn't have to worry about being bored with us any longer, we dropped her pronto. Her grades from h.s. were AWFUL so most other sororities dropped her too, I'm sure, if her terrible personality didn't get to them first. I don't know how they let her in, with her laughable h.s. GPA, but this girl is an XYZ now, and when I see her on campus (her sorority has Chapter in the same room as we do, so I see her as they are leaving each week) she rolls her eyes or gives me mean looks. XYZ doesn't know what they're getting into with these girls!