View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Some final thoughts on my rush:

I absolutely ended up where I was meant to be, and the chapters knew better than I did at some points. Deep down, I really felt comfortable at Phi Mu, and I was distracted by some of the houses that all the rushees wanted, but I never would have been happy in some of the groups that dazzled me in the first round. I had friends in a lot of chapters, and I was surprised at how well recruitment at U of I placed women where they were ultimately a good fit.

My brother's closest friend at AEPhi was asked to pref me, and didn't do it because she wanted me to choose for myself. I have a lot of respect for that, and tried to afford other girls I knew the same space. I think it is important to tell women to rush, not to join XYZ, when you are talking to friends or neighbors who are starting out at your school.

I am glad we went from SORUSH to PRUSH the following year. It would have been a lot easier just seeing a full schedule without seeing people next to me with a much longer list.

And finally...I can't believe how wrong I was about some of my first impressions.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 06-22-2007 at 12:48 AM.