View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thankfully I have become good friends with a few pledges and other girls not involved in Greek life so I do have a support system here. I also have the majority of meals at the house and also study there often. On one occasion I was in the dining hall for almost three hours while the majority of the exec team was in the dining room also socializing. Not once did they even say hi. I know this seems like a minor incident but there have been other times where I have attempted to engage in conversation with other actives and they are not interested.

From speaking with upperclassmen who are not in a GLO it seems that my house has a reputation of not making the new members feel welcomed. I am hoping that some of this goes away after initiation when things are more settled. I do know that I want to get involved with exec next year so that I can raise awareness to these issues.

Thank you all for your replies. I hope I don't sound like a brat or conceited. I was ecstatic to receive a bid from this house but I do see some flaws like there are flaws in every house.