Thread: Nervous...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreek2012 View Post
So this year I went through formal recruitment and recieved a bid from a house I wasnt in love and so I declined the bid. Unfortunately, they took it personal and started saying really nasty things about me to another sorority on campus. I plan to RUSH again my sophmore year and I am really nervous that this will hurt my chances. All I ever wanted to do was go greek! What do I do? Im worried I will get cut first day from everyone. Im a really nice girl and I have a lot of good qualities and I want the other soros to see that and not listen to what they hear from an offended chapter. Advice?
Are you sure all you ever wanted to do was "go greek?" Or did you really only want to go to one particular group? It seems to me if it was the former, then you would have accepted your bid and given it a shot. And based on your other post of really wanting to impress the ADPi's on your campus, you seem not to care about any of the other groups.

The only thing you can do is give it another shot and hope for the best. Depending on how competitive things are at your college, you might be able to get a different outcome. Be involved on your campus, and don't stalk or set your sights on one particular sorority.