View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevinpiphi View Post
I'm a part of the Medieval Combat Club at my school (if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out www.belegarth.com). I joined that my freshman year, and I have a lot of friends in it. My boyfriend is also a member. So I went into rush figuring that the houses should know I'm involved in that, since it's not like it's going to stop anytime soon. I could tell exactly which houses would not invite me back after the, "So, what other RSO's are you in?" I started with my leadership position in the Association of Residence Halls every time, and then went into the "You know the people who dress funny and hit each other with foam sticks on the quad? Yeah, I'm one of those" explanation. The only house that reacted positively was Pi Phi, and that's where I'm at.
Somehow...I'm not surprised. Sometimes, when you portray an activity in a negative light (e.g. "dress funny", make yourself sound strange), organizations that encourage 'fitting in', like sororities, can be turned off a little. Good for you for being involved in a lot, though!