View Single Post
Old 10-08-2001, 02:10 AM

This is a toughie..but here goes....

Catherine,

Firstly, I am sorry for your disappointment.

Being a legacy to your mother's sorority is not a guarantee that you will be offered an invitation (i.e. bid) to membership in that same sorority. Legacies are supposed to receive "special consideration", but special consideration does not mean that you will be 100% be offered a bid to your Mom' sorority (on some campuses, being a legacy carries more clout than at others).

Here is the Legacy Policy from Delta Gamma (my Sorority):
"All legacies, regardless of whether they have been sponsored, are to be invited to a minimum of one invitational round of recruitment events. Legacies should be given special consideration by our chapters and every opportunity to meet our members. "

Invitational Rounds can be up and including, or excluding Preference Parties.....so you should have been invited back at least ONCE after the first round. However, there isn't a guarantee beyond that first invitation back, that subsequent invitations will be forthcoming.

It would have been nice if they had sent your mother some sort of a courtesy note, but in all honesty, I don't believe that they are obligated to.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 10-08-2001 at 02:18 AM.