View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztakrissy
How close are you to your ZTA sisters??

Hey Ladies,

I hope I don't offend anyone with this post, but seriously....how close are you to your sisters in your chapters?? I am not close to hardly any of mine because they never call, nobody ever wants to hang out.....and it makes me really sad, because I'm a senior now and I love ZTA...but I think I love it more on a universal level now....It just makes me really sad that our chapter really only hangs out as a whole when we have mandatory ZTA stuff like workshops, chapter meetings, service projects..etc. And what's even worse is that we're small! Like 30 girls total..... I moved up here and didn't know a soul and that's why I went through recruitment back in 02'.....I don't know...guess I need to vent. Have any of you ever felt like loners in your chapter??? Plus our recruitment rules this year are horrible! (Another sorority on campus is Panhellenic president). This year we cannot have any contact with ANY female registered at our school or intending to register unless they're like married! I'm in nursing school and I'm closer with a few of my classmates in there than with some of my sisters....well...no one that is a senior in nursing school would EVER think about going through recruitment....and there is one friend of mine who is not married, not engaged and I can't eat lunch with her because of that stupid rule! Our classes are timed so that we get a 1 hr lunch break and a lot uf usually go in same cars to fast food or restaurants and now I can't do that because that one girl....isn't that ridiculous?! And get this...the panhellenic president is in nursing school with me! And my 21st birthday is on a saturday next month and my nursing school friends want to take me out...well, now I'm not sure what to say because the one girl who's not married would be a part of it and it would be breaking a recruitment rule....It's sad when my own sisters don't even care about my birthday and I have other friends who do, but thanks to the rush rules it may not happen. Ugh! It just makes me mad!