View Single Post
Old 05-23-2001, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:

IN sister sister, NY undercover,etc. I WOULD BET my butt that those members of KAPPA, AKA, etc ARE members of the orgs. represented. If I am not mistaken, Robbi Reed-Humes is a soror and she has been a casting director in the biz for YEARS and casts many of these "black" shows. I don't think that she would let just any ole body wear letters of REAL orgs, especially HER OWN. I can't see that AT ALL.

Why can't these people who wore those letters on Different World, etc. actually be "extras" from nearby universities?
(edited May 22, 2001).][/B]
I can't speak for any other show but I know for a FACT that not all of the the "extras" on a Different World who wore greek para were greeks. As a matter of fact, a couple of people wore letters that were not there own to ensure that the shot was "balanced" (i.e. not too many of one organization). A very good friend of mine from college is the cousin of the exec producer of DW (Thad Mumford) and one of their relatives who was playing an extra on the show was asked to take off his frat shirt and put on another frat shirt. When he protested, they said o.k., but you can leave the set and loose the pay. He decided to stay and change shirts.....