View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I get that the SOUTH is BAT SHIT CRAZY and beyond. Or at least some parts of the SOUTH are BAT SHIT CRAZY. May be we there is a BAT SHIT CRAZY google map or google earth for that.

BAT SHIT CRAZINESS aside, my experience has been that after a while it doesn't matter what GLO you were in, just that you were in one at all. There seems to be a certain bond of members of GLOs. It is that we know that we all have similar values and standards. And probably more importantly, ironically, is that we all know what we had to go through in our GLO's; meetings, community service, study hours, fun times, formals, and doing all the stuff that we weren't supposed to do but did anyway, etc.

Sure people may notice that you were part of a certain GLO but that was years ago with a certain reputation at THEIR school/region that may be different from your school/region. And, trust me, from my experience, I can say that I have changed so much. Sure, there are similarities between who I was then and who I am now. In all honesty, as much as I would like to think that had I rushed today on my campus, I would be in the same org as I am today, I really don't know. Not that I don't love my org, I am just older, wiser, more down to earth yet still pretentious while being cynical and less sober.

Just my 4 cents. I will hop off my soap box.