View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

This thread is just intended to be humourous-- we get a lot of the same questions over and over from new posters to the boards. There's a SEARCH function users can click on to find old threads that may help answer their questions.

Some more frequent/funny questions:

* Is it true that ABC sorority and XYZ fraternity are brother/sister organizations? (no-- there is no such thing. Some groups may be paired up for Homecoming one year at a certain university, but the fraternities and sororities are completely independent of one another!)

* I am an upperclassman with a low GPA and I want to join a sorority at an SEC school. Do I have a good chance? (short answer: You have a very small chance and should be open to joining all of the chapters. SEC schools have a competitive recruitment where even freshmen with 4.0s are heavily cut. Even if you stick it out until the end, you probably will not receive a bid.)

* I want to join ABC sorority, but there isn't a chapter of it at my school. What should I do? (The process of chartering a sorority is long and exhaustive, and the campus Panhellenic and the sorority have to be on the same page. It can take years. You are much better off going through recruitment with the chapters on your campus.)

* Is anyone here from Greece? (no, this is not a web site for people from Greece or people who speak Greek.)