View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd like to add my comments to the mix. It's one thing to have a sorority sister spend five minutes during recruitment asking you about your major and hometown.......

..... it's another thing to face a room full of International Officers just a couple of hours before initiation and be interviewed about what I expect to contribute to Gamma Phi Beta. Yeah.....you better believe it. They asked me what I had already been doing for Gamma Phi and/or what I planned to be doing as a member of my local alumna chapter. It's not like I could look those women in the eye and say, "Well, it didn't work out during formal rush and was told that I 'could always do AI', so here I am".

kddani said, "The potential member REALLY has to have something to offer. You can't just be a cute girl with a nice personality- you really have to have something to offer. You have to be dedicated." Absolutely! Both my big sister Cele (GPhiBLtColonel) and the International Officers made that very clear. They were expressing the expectation that I won't just get my badge and then disappear.

Not all of the NPC groups offer AI....and many of the ones that do, only do so under exceptional conditions. Of the ones which have more open programs for accepting AIs, even those aren't exactly a walk in the park either (as evidenced by my experience).

.....Kelly

True and Constant