View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by skr002 View Post
I posted before asking about how a local sorority can become national but from the information that i recieved and my schools guidelines it doesn't sound like that is really an option for our group right now. I did get some suggestions about affiliating with other sororities. can anyone give me more information about that? I am the new president and would like to really get things rolling with this before I graduate. Thanks!
What according to your school guidelines prohibits you from going national? I'm in a local, and have no experience with affiliating with/ going national. What makes your group want to go national/ affiliate? How successful are you with numbers etc? . Coming from a local, we'd rather stay local, sure it would be great to have national support, recognition... and all the great things associated with it... but I guess we're the only ones, and there is something wonderful in that too. I guess my question is... why your org wants to?

The members on here from other groups know a hell of a lot more than I do about this, so I'm sure that would be a bigger help... but I was just curious anyway.