View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

so here we go....

Well, after discovering this forum over a year ago, I've been looking forward to the day I'd put this site on my favorites screen to get me through the process sending my first daughter through at Ole Miss. I'm already excited and nervous for her and it's still a month off.

I was a Phi Mu at Florida State and she's grown up seeing the incredible friendships I have as a result. I do have some very good friends I've made in my neighborhood over the past 10 years, my primary 'go-to' girls are my sorority sisters. My daughter has seen how special my sisters are and wants that in her own life, which of course delights me.

She fell in love with Ole Miss visiting for her cousin's engagement party at a tailgate last fall and so we will be packing up and driving 9 hours on Tuesday to get her moved in this week. I have to confess that although I am a lifelong Seminole, I have jumped into The Grove and red and blue with both feet and am just thrilled for her, although I wish it wasn't quite so far from us in South Carolina.

She has already said she would like for me to come for bid day. I was curious if you all have advice on how I can best organize my trip and be available for her. Will I have to wait until she calls me with the bid she's received and then try to meet her at her new house? I assumed she would want to walk with her roommate/friends to get the bid and have me wait elsewhere and meet her. Any insight on this is welcome. Obviously I will be thrilled if Phi Mu is a match for her, but she has no preconceived notions and just wants to find her home at the right place for her.

Thanks to all of you who give your time on this board regularly, I am SO grateful to have this resource - a lot has changed in the past 20-something years......