Thread: D&R Random
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
What I mean by social class, I'm talking about people having the same or similar economic/financial or educational status.
I will say it's typical for women to look at a man's financial status. There are lots of reasons for this but generally, she tends to be evaluating a man's ability to provide for a family when she is choosing a mate. Even if a man is thinking that far ahead about the person he's dating--and a lot of them aren't depending on their age--he will usually have the luxury of not needing to think about that.

From what you describe, it sounds like you're not "your type's type." What I mean is, it's more than just the women you're dating not meeting your expectations--it also sounds like you may also not meet the expectations of the women you would like to date. If you know the women who you find attractive and "together" (however you define that) tend to go for men who are of a certain status, look a certain way, live a certain lifestyle, etc. then do you fit those qualities? Could you? If you can't or aren't willing to then you might need to adjust your expectations to someone who is a better match. You deserve someone who will appreciate what you have to offer.

Also...I completely admit I don't know what kind of women you've run into but just because a woman is "bigger than you're normally attracted to" doesn't mean she's "unattractive." And a woman who is unattractive to you and single is not necessarily a "woman nobody wants." You used these phrases synonymously which may be part of the problem if they are an indication of what your expectations are like. I don't know how you define "messed up in the head" or "unattractive." But it may be a good idea to really write out what qualities you're looking for AND why they are important to you. It might be a great opportunity to learn more about yourself and maybe shed some light why you and that special someone keep missing each other.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.

Last edited by StealthMode; 03-09-2013 at 02:38 PM.