View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jaade124
I have a great story to share from March of this year. It was a Saturday night and my sorority was holding our annual (which we were mandated to do by our school even though its not really okay with our national headquarters). An annual is basically an on-campus, DRY, themed party that every organization holds to raise money for one cause or another. Anyway, I wasn't there bc of family stuff and so I didn't hear all this until I returned to school. Two of my sisters were in a very bad car accident driving from their house to campus for the annual. The driver basically lost control of her SUV and it went directly into a tree. A brother of SAE drove by the scene of the accident and saw a Phi Sig bumper sticker on her car and immediately knew who it was. He called one of our sisters at the party and immediately five sisters left the party and went to the hospital (only five bc we some of us had to wait until the party was over). They waited in the ER by the sides of our two injured sisters' beds and provided as much information to the doctors as they could. They also called their families.

The girls were separated into two rooms and, upon visiting, my entire chapter kept harrassing doctors, nurses, orderlies, WHOEVER to get them in the same room. Eventually they did move them together. There wasn't a blank space on their walls. There were cards, flowers, candy, signs, PHI SIG, EVERYWHERE and there was a constant flow of visitors coming in and out of their rooms...not only our sorority. But many members of other organizations on our campus visited them and brought them gifts. It was so touching when people I hardly knew on campus in other orgs came up to me and asked "How are your sisters? Let us know if you or they need anything". It was truly amazing and touching to see the outpour of love that came from other orgs and from within our own chapter.

We also helped out their parents/families whenever they needed it. If they needed a break to rest, clean, eat we'd stick with Hanna and Lara (the two injured). I, as well as many of my sisters, visited them everyday. I helped wash Lara's hair once or twice and I helped her brush her teeth often when I was there. Even though her hip was dislocated, she wouldn't give up good hygeine haha.

Anyway, thats my story. Sorry its kinda long but I think its a great story of sisterhood and love.

Epsilon Kappa Alumni
Aim High, Do or Die!