View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I transferred junior year and made arrangements to move into the new chapter's house when I transferred. It was pretty seamless and I had a wonderful experience. I participated in recruitment and meetings right from the start, although I didn't have a vote until the chapter voted on my affiliation early the next semester. They did this in secret, and then had a surprise "affiliation reveal." It's one of my fondest memories. I still have the card, with everyone's notes.

Contact your HQ for information on the process (some sororities or chapters require an affiliation vote). Also, contact your new chapter ahead of time -- introduce yourself, tell them of your plans, be friendly and be ready to jump in and participate. Your IH may be able to provide contact information for the advisor, chapter president, etc. Make sure you leave your initiating chapter in good financial standing.

Don't announce a lot of comparisons to your former chapter...we had a another affiliate who came from a top, top tier chapter and her comparisons got old pretty quickly.