View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post

I think you meant RACIST. Did you read at least some of the comments? White privilege much? Seriously. As a white person, it's blatant to my very blue eyes. Let's turn the tables and then talk about whether it's "slightly ignorant". You go be the one white woman in a room full of non-whites and see if "slightly ignorant" is the correct term.

"Aunt Jemima"? And we wring our hands over blackface? PLEASE.

Times like these I miss DrPhil. Polarizing as she could be, she always shone a light into the dark ugly corners.

I agree with you 1000% AZTheta, I feel for this woman more in the respect that she's making excuses for this straight-up racist behavior. Granted this is only a brief snippet of the whole story but on the face of it this is just absolutely horrible behavior on the part of others.

I'm of mixed background white/Hispanic. I would often get the brunt of inappropriate jokes that disparaging towards Latinos and I'd basically tell those people to f-off. I have zero tolerance for that sort of disrespect, and the fact that no one backed her up is what's even more sad.