View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I know of a former Beta Sigma Phi (BSP) chapter. I believe that that BSP chapter was established in 1998 at the University of Missouri--Kansas City (UMKC) and they ultimately decided to affiliate with a Panhellenic group, which they did in 2011 when they were absorbed by Alpha Sigma Alpha. My guess is that BSP at UMKC was not a part of their Panhellenic Council (PHC), because the current local sorority on that campus, Delta Rho, does not appear to be a member of their PHC.

Having said that, there are campuses where local sororities are considered members of their school's PHC, and I think that can help illustrate how BSP would function as a member of your school's PHC. If you already have a local sorority on campus that is associated with your school's PHC, then there is precedent for organizations that are not part of NPC being associated with your local PHC.

It seems your strongest example would be the BSP chapter at Methodist University that a previous poster mentioned. Perhaps you could even get in touch with them. The Methodist U sorority website says that BSP was established there in 2009, so it's possible that there is someone in the current chapter, who could help connect you with one of their founding sisters, who may be able to recall how they handled the process at their school. It's a long shot, but one that I would pursue.

Ultimately, though, it will depend on how much interest you can gather to get this organization up and running.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee

Last edited by Alpha O; 06-04-2016 at 11:16 PM.