View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for reading my story! While I appreciate the suggestion to post it all at once, I am very busy with school and everything right now and would prefer to post it in smaller chunks. No worries though, I promise it will all be posted soon enough (I'm shooting to have it done a week from today!). That said, here's my Round 2 story!

I went to pick up my invites with high hopes. I was pretty sure I was dropped from Jason Aldean, but I was pretty confident with all of the other houses. When I got my list, it read

Kacey Musgraves
Kenny Chesney
Keith Urban
Luke Bryan

I had to say I was a little surprised. I really loved Florida-Georgia Line and thought they liked me too. I replayed the conversation in my head. Maybe it was the fact that I mentioned going to Germany and visiting the Hofbrauhaus on a past trip while talking about my future plans to study abroad. I decided to look ahead. I still had four chapters that wanted me. I only needed one to call home. I had class until the very beginning of the first party, so I had to hurry to make it.

Kacey Musgraves- I felt like I neglected this chapter during my first round, so I tried to look a little more eager to meet the girls. Unfortunately, I was paired with a girl who seemed to have her heart set on this sorority. She had told me that not only was she a legacy, but she had 3 rec letters and had bonded with many of the sisters at the church retreat. I felt like a third wheel talking to the sister along with the other PNM. Their philanthropy presentation was nice, but not a cause I was very connected to. I felt panicked leaving because I felt I didn’t make a very good impression on the girl I talked to.
Kenny Chesney- I looked at the other girls in line to visit this house, and it was clear that none of them wanted to be there. I put a smile on my face and tried my best to look excited. The philanthropy was obscure and the presentation was weak. The girl I talked to rambled on about her entire life story and didn’t ask me any questions about myself. It took everything in me to stay engaged in the conversation. I left disappointed and very nervous about my next party.
Keith Urban- I was paired with another PNM and I took this as a bad sign. I talked with three girls, most of whom asked surface questions (What’s your major? Why did you pick this school? How did you like our philanthropy video?). I connected well with the philanthropy and tried my best to express that to the sisters. Again, I left the house uncertain of my fate.
Luke Bryan- I cried at the philanthropy video. Yep, I was that girl. I was paired with the same girl I talked to first the first night. Again, we struggled to start the conversation, but found a comfortable topic and seemed to connect well. Every single one of the sisters I had met at the “Meet the Sisters” night came up and said hello to me, two of them offering me hugs. Then I began talking with a new sister. When I asked her if she had a leadership position in the house, she got kind of awkward and told me that she was the new member coordinator. I felt like I had offended her and started to freak out inside. Was it a good sign that I was talking to a girl in charge of all of the new members or a bad sign that I could be getting cut? I ended the night talking to the same girl I talked to last the previous night. Again, we seemed to connect really well.

I ranked the houses 1. Luke Bryan, 2. Keith Urban, 3. Kacey Musgraves 4. Kenny Chesney and hoped for the best…