View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
I had an interview at a placement agency on Wednesday. Most of the people waiting to be interviewed were young people in their early 20s, and it was shocking to see what people were wearing! They were mostly guys, and were wearing dress shirts that were at least two sizes too big UNTUCKED and baggy, non-denim pants. Since when was "professional dress" anything that wasn't denim or leather? Oh, they were wearing sneakers too.
Alot of my time at work is spent directing potential workers to their interviews, and yall would be so shocked at what these people wear! Now I know the grocery business is not a "real job" to some people, especially since alot of our workers are teenagers, but I just can't believe what they have the nerve to wear! Baggy Jeans, basketball jerseys, with of course, tons of gold chains, its just ridiculous! We had one girl who came in and she was wearing like a short skirt and 5 inch heels where it like laced 1/2 way up her leg, it was just terrible!

Everytime I have someone like that ask if we're hiring, I give them the info, wish them luck, and then once they're gone, shake my head in disgust, lol.