View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCo View Post
- this is a BBS and casual language is the general rule here. Look-up a definition of “uniqueness” in the online Webster dictionary and you will find it. New words are constantly used and coined in casual conversation and in informal written prose. I suggest you look-up etiquette for posting on BBS because the general rule of thumb is not to correct casual language use. Last time I checked this forum is not for the submission of a formal paper.

>>Edited for rediculosity.

Here is an excerpt from a gifted website that I think accurately describes her personality and personality traits common to exceptionally gifted: “ ..show incredible intensity in energy, imagination, intellectual prowess, sensitivity, and emotion which are not typical in the general population”.
I think the real issue is that some people can't accept that some people are genuinely gifted and that they really are different. My daughter dances 25-35 hours/ week, puts in minimal time studying and is first in her class out of 780 students. She does all this while being advanced by 2-3 years in math and science courses and will have taken 13 AP courses when she graduates.

However, it is the intensity of her personality that makes her unique- or if you prefer- "unusual" compared to other teens her age.

Good freaking grief. Get off the dang computer because you are digging yourself deeper and deeper. If she's so dang special and gifted as you say, then she should be able to figure this out herself.