Thread: New Member 101
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 12:34 PM

* If you have homework up to your ears, soccer practice the next day, and 2 finals coming up, IT'S OKAY TO SKIP THAT MIXER. There wil be plenty more, trust me.

*You WILL most likely feel a little overwhelmed during your new member period. There will be TONS of fun things to do, new people to meet, and info to learn. At times it might seem like a bit much. TALK to your new member class about it. Talk to your New Member Educators about it. They were you once and will be able to totally understand.

*Get to know your older sisters. They can prove to be a valuable resource to you in the sorority as well as school and college life.

*I'd keep a scrapbook or diary of your new member period. It's one of your most exciting times in the chapter.

*KEEP A DETAILED PLANNER! Planners are a must!

*Understand that disagreements do happen. All 100 of you will NOT ALWAYS get along. Yes, you're sisters, but you're also human first, and humans argue. What matters is how tactfully you handle disagreements.

*KNOW WHEN YOUR DUES/FEES ARE DUE and PAY PROMPTLY. It's just curteous to the chapter to do so.

*Get involved. I've heard alot of girls from some chapters say that they "don't feel like part of the chapter". These are always the girls who only come to the mandatory once a week meeting. Hold a chair position, join a committee, offer up ideas for socials, participate in other chapter's philanthropies. Do something! This is now YOUR chapter too and you'll only get as much out of it as you put in.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-30-2010 at 09:10 PM.