Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Since I am going to discuss yesterday's episode I shall give ample spoiler space, just to play it safe for those who haven't watched it yet.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Haven't read the books but was quite disappointed that Ned Stark was just beheaded. That truly just sucked. Just as I was like Kal Drogo (is that right?) they might go off and kill him too. Ugh, I'm tired of characters I like getting the ax (no pun intended).
Keeping your Spoiler space:

It's in the books as well. As Cersei says, you play the game of thrones and you win or you die. And King Joffrey (first of his name) is certainly taking his lessons from mum. Martin rarely keeps his characters 'safe' and it's always fair to say you never know what could happen or who could be at risk next. It started with Bran, but then Bran lived so people get complacent and then comes Lady and Mycah the butcher's boy, all of Ned's men and so on. But those were mostly innocents, as the stories progress you'll see good people pay for their mistakes even as bad people go free because they didn't make the same mistakes. There are just now (four books in) some suggestions that they'll get theirs in the end, w/o spoiling anything too much.

But Ned's damned honor put him in front of that sword (that and the vindictive idiocy of a child king), he wouldn't bend until the last minute, and he broke instead. But at least he knows that Arya is safe(ish), something he didn't get to see in the books. Now Robb has Jaime, the one Lannister daddy would do anything to get back, Cersei/Joffrey has Sansa, and, well, suffice to say there will more than one contender for the throne in the wars that follow.