Thread: Rush Crush
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepher4Life View Post
Hi All,

My chapter is going through COR after our formal recruitment because formal went really bad at my school this semester (we are deferred) so quota was really low for our campus. (My chapter did make quota though and gave out 2 snap bids) Therefore, each chapter still has space to fill and every NPC chapter is going through COR.

Our school decided to have a partially structured COR recruitment and bids will be given out in a week. A PMN has to attend an event for each chapter to even be illegible for a bid.

Thankfully, we are advertising really well and there have been a lot of girls coming out to events. There is one girl who is AMAZING! She is for sure my rush crush! She is one of those girls every chapter dreams of. Really cute, great GPA, involved on campus, well liked, very out going yet humble. Whats not to like right?

Well, all the other chapter cant wait to snatch her up too! I don't want to dirty rush her at all, but how do i convey to her that she would be an amazing addition to our chapter and that we want her really bad without say "we'll give you a bid. don't worry you don't need to go to other chapters events".

I really want her, but shes told me she is nervous about getting a bid (she doesn't realize how much shes wanted EVERYWHERE) and I'm afraid that my telling her just be yourself and you'll end up where you're supposed to is making her think that we're not that interested!

help please!
I understand that the rushee has to attend at least one party at each chapter, but I thought that during COR, the rules associated with formal recruitment does not necessarily apply. And that a chapter is basically allowed to say something like "Hey, we want you..."? (i.e. A more one on one informal type of rush.)

So were y'all not able to do so because this was a *partially structured* COR, and the same general rules of formal recruitment were applied?