View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Since you apparently listened to me the first time, I'll share some harsh-but-true wisdom that hopefully will get your head out of whatever hole in the ground it's currently stuck in.

You're a junior by year with a low GPA for women going through recruitment. As awesome as your extracurriculars might be, every other PNM going through also has great extracurriculars, and most have better grades and more time on campus to give to the sorority. Even if you make it crystal clear that you have three more years left, that's still one less than everyone else in a system that prioritizes membership longevity. You are at an immediate disadvantage to the vast majority of the women going through recruitment with you. Even if you have friends in chapters pulling for you-multiple friends, not one girl you sat next to in class once who seemed nice-you will still likely be cut hard after the first few rounds. You should gratefully accept any bid you receive from any chapter, because they hold all the power and you hold essentially none.

That said, picking favorites hurts you both ways. Every other chapter that you did not name as a favorite will now be uninterested in you if they were before, because they're not one of your "favorites". Why should they care about you when you've already told them you see them as lesser to other groups? Conversely, the groups you have named won't be thrilled that you picked them out based on whatever your own criteria are, because you probably don't know enough of the women individually to know if you'd be a good fit for that chapter. Or if you do, hopefully they like you back enough to keep you around.

You can keep spouting off about your favorites until kingdom come and it won't hurt me one bit-I've already gotten my bid. You are only torpedoing your own chances at this point, which isn't something any of us want. Cool it with the favorites-yes, you probably know the campus reputations well enough to have an idea of where you'd fit, but the sororities don't care about what you think, because they get to decide whether they want you or not.