View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Cute COB recruitment story

So I just have to tell and share with you all a special story. This was COB week. And, it is how my precious girl found her home so it is something near and dear to my heart. She connected with 1 young lady in particular, who for many reasons, did not go thru formal recruitment- she is very shy and not your typical thin, blonde well to do young lady. She wasn't sure if this was something she wanted or not- just like my girl....but she came to every event this week and by end was completely and I mean completely "out of her shell" She has the most bubbly personality and everyone loves her. She is a real go--getter and will be such a positive addition to their sisterhood.She is a bit overweight and this I think, really held her back from doing a formal recruitment because she just wasn't sure how well she would be received. This is why I sooo love Theta-- they are not bound by any certain type of person. They are open to all girls who truly have a love for being greek and wanting to have that sisterhood, and who will bring something so uniquely special to their sorority. Anyway she has asked my daughter, to be her "big"- not sure how this will go, she really wants to but will most likely (although not 100% for sure yet) not be there come fall so she doesn't want to let her down. But I just had to share. Theta got this beautiful young lady and 4 others this week for a total of 5 new COB pledges- so yeah its been an amazing and incredible week indeed. My girl is so happy for her you have no idea!!! She called me and could hardly contain her excitement for her. How neat is this??