View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I've used several different companies when purchasing Greek paraphernalia:

SimplyGreek.com: I ordered a line jacket from them a couple of years ago. It was hell keeping up with them. Their customer service SUCKS, their contact numbers didn't always work and it took almost 4 1/2 months to get the jacket --- but they didn't waste time cashing my check. On the upside: They do good work -- my jacket was perfect the first time, and it was very heavily customized. However, the experience was such that I would never do business with them, EVER AGAIN.

AdGreek.com: They also do good work but the customer service is below average. They often take days to respond to emails and you can never get them on the phone --- and you REALLY have to stay on them to make sure your order gets processed. On the upside: The workmanship on the jersey I ordered from them was very good. Also, they didn't charge setup costs when I sent them an image I wanted on the jersey.

However, I doubt that I would consider dealing with them in the future; it still wasn't worth the hassle in the end.

The best experience I have had by far was from a company called Stuff4Greeks:

Some of the things I liked about this company and its business practices:

1) Their online ordering process is very user-friendly (where you get to choose the detailing to go on the items your order, such as color, letter and image styles and placement), as well as the rest of their website.

2) This online process starts a series of order email notifications where they send you a proof of how the finished item will look. You can review the proof and decide if any changes are needed and then send an email reply documenting the changes. They will make the changes and resend the proof for you to review again. They seem to allow you to do this as many times as you want (I went through this loop with them at least six times). When you are satisfied that the proof represents how you want the item to look, you send an email reply to them stating that the design is APPROVED; they will not start on any customizations until they receive this email.

3) Afterwards, their customer service department sends you an email stating that the approval is acknowledged and the item is being made and will be sent (you can no longer request changes after this point). I also received follow-up emails concerning the shipping and delivery of my item(s) through UPS. In short, the customer service, at least in my case was, in a word, EXCELLENT. The only downside was that the delivery of the items took at least three weeks longer than expected; however, my order occurred during December so the Christmas season rush probably contributed to that problem.

4) They support a wide variety of fraternities and sororities and other fraternal societies (NPHC, NPC, IFC, Mason/OES, etc.)

5) They are one of the few Greek nalia companies that support the music Greeks (namely KKPsi and TBS).

6) They have a wide collection of images that can be used for personalizing Greek items.

7) In case I forgot to mention it, they do EXCELLENT work. I now own a nice-looking Greek "old-school type" cardigan that represents my org well. I plan to order other items from them in the very near future...

I highly recommend Stuff4Greeks, based on my personal experience. And I'm not even being paid for the plug...
"Cadillac" #5 Spring 1988
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, Inc.
Theta Tau Chapter
Life Member #3922

Last edited by blkwebman1919; 01-18-2007 at 01:26 AM.