View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Part Four: Open House Round

I got to the meeting place bright and early! All dolled up and ready to start my day, I waited anxiously to get my schedule. When Tinkerbelle finally gave me my schedule and it read:

Rapunzel
Merida
Elsa
Snow White
Anna

Looking at my schedule I had conflicting feelings, I still had five houses which was good and better than some of the others in my rho gamma group! I had my favorite house of the day, Anna. I had Elsa! I was really really happy to see Elsa on my list. I also had Rapunzel, I was really pleasantly surprised that Rapunzel was on my list seeing as how I was pretty sure I wouldn't get invited back. I was very willing to give Merida another chance and was looking forward to seeing more of Snow White.

While I was pretty happy with my schedule, I was a little shocked that I had been cut by Belle, Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora! I really had thought that I made good connections with them and that they had liked me. I couldn't stop thinking about why they had cut me, what I had done wrong at those parties. Tinkerbelle reminded me that it was an honor to get invited back to the houses I did and that I did really well. The houses that had cut me had a reason to and in the end, if they didn't want me then its their loss! She told me to hold my head high, walk into the parties I did have with a smile on my face and rock it. In the end you only need one.

Rapunzel was up first. Yesterday I had been so disappointed by Rapunzel, I was skeptical about what I would find inside today. I loved all of it! Today I was so impressed by their philanthropy! Their house was really bright and beautiful, it was a house I could see myself in. I adored the girls I talked to today, I feel like I made real connections with them. I am really hoping that I will be returning tomorrow!

Merida came next, I was really sad looking down the street and seeing all the girls lined up outside of Cinderella. But I walked in I held my head high and tried to get a real feel of the house. I liked them a lot more this time! They had a really fantastic philanthropy. I liked the girls and I would be happy to return tomorrow, but I am still not sold on Merida.

Elsa, I couldn't wait to come back today! I was really happy that I still had them on my schedule and I was excited to learn more about their philanthropy. They even made their philanthropy party into a dance party. I was really happy to be there and I enjoyed my conversations with these girls as well!

Snow White was next on my list. I don’t have much to say about Snow White, they were nice and had a really great house, but I just didn't get any impression of them in general. I would be fine returning, but I am not confident with them.

Finally, I got to Anna! I had been waiting all day to go back and when I did I was not disappointed. They were the same as they had been yesterday, and I had the same great feeling. They were the only house that had a personal story connected to their philanthropy and the only ones that sang to us again. I will be absolutely devastated if I don’t return to Anna, right now all I can think about it going back to Anna.