View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Username: thetygerlily (picked for the flower)
Initiated: 2/24/2002 (my retro)
Chapter: Zeta Epsilon, Lawrence University

Currently Serving: I started the Night Owls group for my local alumnae association and am currently serving as Night Owls Chair. I also joined Golden Key recently.

Past Offices: As an active, plenty! Small chapters mean a lot of leadership opportunities. President, VPS, Marshal, Registrar, House Chair, Education, and Panhellenic officer (VP Programming). My favorites were definitely VPS and Marshal. As an alumna, I was also part of a focus group for young alumnae involvement.

Home Chapter Claim to Fame: For a relatively small chapter (no more than 30 actives), we have a lot of members who have been through GC over the past 10 years! They have listed plenty of fantastic claims here.

About Me: I work in the IT industry as a consultant at a "major software giant", and have done so since I graduated in 2005. My husband & I have two adorable cocker spaniels. I'm working on the whole work/life balance thing, with aspirations of someday having a life outside of work.
I love what Kappa has done for me and am intrigued by the history of GLOs- I even wrote a college research paper on why women's GLOs were founded. This is one reason I joined the Keepers- to learn more about our history and to help preserve it. I've adopted 3 keys so far, and also collect old books and such about various NPCs. Non-Greek interests would be around traveling, learning Portuguese (husband is Brazilian), and board games.

I truly thought I had posted in this thread a long time ago! So now almost 7 years after joining GC, I'm finally getting around to formally introducing myself Better late than never!