View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I'm also related to a couple of the more recent presidents, but those aren't direct line. And none that I want to be associated with. I was always kind of horrified that my mom called me Lady Godiva because of the nakedness thing. I was very prim even as a young child. Now I think 1-it's fun that she had (and still has) a special nickname just for me and 2-I have NO problem with nakedness now, so it might be a better fit as an adult than it was as a 4 year old. Not that I'd be riding through any towns naked
LOL! In my Brothers' Keeper program I have her occupation as "Social Activist". She made her (in)-famous ride to get her husband to lower the taxes on the people. It worked!!! All the people of the town were instructed to stay inside and cover their windows. The expression "Peeping Tom" came from a young man who dared to peek through a window to see her ride by.

After learning of the truly horrendous acts that so many of the Plantagenets and their peers engaged in, I wasn't sure at all I wanted to be descended from them. So I called a client who was the director of Public Health and asked her if their DNA was still in me. Sadly it is, and in abundance as I have so many lines of descent from them. No one is more of a pacifist than I am! Must come from my many female Quaker ancestors.

Chi Omega