View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Yes, Carnation, there were a few popular PNMs who were successful, including in my own pledge class. Interesting note: that group of girls in my pc started out very tight, and within a few weeks they'd all found other friends in the chapter. In other words, that high school clique didn't hold.
I would imagine that it might be easier to do with larger pledge classes. At smaller schools though a group of 5 girls could be 2/3 to a 1/2 of the class. The making different friends thing is also true. I knew of 2 girls that went to the same house because they were best friends but it was not where one truly wanted to be. So while one was super excited and became super involved the other just never felt truly at home so their friendship grew apart anyway.

Following your heart and remembering you can still be friends are really important messages but then you think about 18 year old girls and how important their friendships are and I can see how those don't always work. I think that's why it's so important for Rho Gammas to have strong relationships with their PNMs. They need them to be willing to confide if they feel they fit in better. Until they admit that there really isn't always much a rho gamma can do.