View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Do y'all remember that GCer who told us that at her school on Bid Day, all the PNMs would stand hand to hand in a big circle with their eyes shut? And then the Rho Gammas would walk around the circle and tap the shoulder of those who didn't get a bid and those girls backed out of the circle. Those remaining were told to open their eyes and that they'd gotten bids.

PenguinTrax and I were really upset. Really. I have been to that school's Bid Day since and they give out bids in a decent way now.
Ugh. That's like Heads Up 7 Up from hell.

I remember hearing of another school where all the PNMs were assembled in one room and if you got a bid, it was taped to the bottom of your chair. If you didn't, there was nothing there. So terrible.

My school had Pref and Bid Night in the same day (Pref started early in the AM at like 9 and Bid Night around 8/9 PM).

The Rho Chis got ahold of the girls who didn't get a bid as soon as possible after matching so they knew not to come to the Student Center to pick up a bid. It still probably hurt for them though because if you live in a freshman dorm, there are several PNMs living on your floor and you get to hear/see them coming back from Bid Night with all their new stuff.

NMs and sorority members also usually wear Bid Night shirts on Monday to class. I can imagine that it's a bummer if you're one of few girls who didn't get a bid and you get to sit in your Orientation class with like 5 other girls who did.

Lakers Nation.