Thread: Snap bids
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 PM

OK, I have a dumb question and I might get too far into ritual/membership selection, so forgive me if I do.

When I was in school we did the same thing ForeverRoses did - found out who didn't get matched and then it was a mad dash to get to their door before another sorority did. Since we were not a large school - we, as a chapter, knew all the girls who were going to be on our bid list. So if we saw Rosie Rushee didn't get matched and we knew she was on our bid list, we were running to get her.

But some people mentioned giving snaps to girls they cut or who cut them - sometimes way before pref. How would that fly? Would the whole chapter have to revote on her, or would they go back to the votes cast on whether to keep her at the last invitational party she was at to decide whether to offer her a bid?

I know what we did, but we were fairly small - what does a large chapter do? I mean, even if there's 1000 rushees and 200 girls in the chapter, if a rushee came through that NOBODY liked, could she conceivably end up on the snap bid list just to fill quota/total?