View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

It may not be a real long shot. While it's true that at some schools maybe only 1/3 of interested girls gain admission to a colony, at others admission is offered to most of the girls who express interest. Without knowing the school, the number of NPC chapters on campus, expected colony quota, etc., we can't really say how risky this would be.

But I think that's a moot point. Either you like your current sorority enough to stay or you don't. This other one can't function as a back up because there are no guarantees. But it sounds to me like you didn't have a great rush and thought you'd take the easy way out. These other, nonNPC sororities all have a lot to say for themselves, but NPC-light is not a description anyone would use. I would recommend going through formal rush again with a more open-minded approach to ALL of the chapters and at the end of that process decide if you should try for colony rush.