View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECrushee View Post
I really like the idea of doing my recruitment story live, but do you think it would somehow hurt rush experience? I don't see how anyone would figure out who I am just based off my experiences but my school would be extremely obvious. I think it'd be nice to be surrounded by an online greek community and hear advice from women other than my mother, who wasn't greek, (in fact she has a poor viewpoint on rush completely) and just wouldn't understand.
We L.O.V.E. to read rush stories, BUT more than that we want you safe through the rush process. Certainly ask general questions that might crop up during recruitment, first to your recruitment counselor, and then to us if you still have doubts. Journal your experience during rush and then share it with us afterwards. As DaffyKD previously stated, PNMs have derailed their recruitments by posting live and being found out. Just because a PNM only posts positive or neutral comments doesn't mean that it might not bite her. She might post that she loves ABC and had the best conversation there with a sister who is the student body president, cheerleader, Miss SEC, etc., and it is ABC or nothing for her. In other words, you might think that what you are posting live is completely anonymous and safe, but alumnae and sorority members of ALL sororities at that campus might know upon reading her statement who she is. All the other sororities drop her upon reading that statement and she is left with one choice only- ABC, who decides they like Laura Legacy better and drop the original poster instead. But hey, if you want to post real time we won't stop you.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 06-20-2015 at 08:47 PM.