View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
A lot of this depends on whether your school has a very large and traditional Greek life, what kind of group you want to join, how in the pit your GPA is, and if you can successfully articulate why you want to join.

Have you remedied your depression issues? If not, being in a fraternity is not going to do it.

ETA: you’re already in Alpha Phi Omega. How about just really going all out and being super APO brother your last semester? If you didn’t put everything into it because you kept thinking about pledging a social fraternity, you might be surprised how much fun you have if you make APO your main focus.
It's a small commuter campus. My GPA is pretty low (2.2). know that I messed up in college. I was in a bad spot, GPA wise. I really want to contribute my all to this fraternity. All I ask for is one chance. Is there anything they can do?

About the depression, not really. It just got worse this year.

I did try to make efforts in APO. I ran for positions, but didn't get in. I made friends but they all graduated. I haven't given up on it yet, but wanted to make the most of my college experience and I thought a social fraternity would help me be a better man and give back to the community as well.