View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta1234 View Post
P.S. It is really poor form not to attend pref. Think about it from the perspective of the ladies of that house. They have shined everything. They have practiced and they probably did something very specific for you--wrote a note, created a gift, etc. You didn't have to accept their offer of sisterhood, but by not attending their pref. ceremony, you essentially spat in their face. Can you imagine the sister who was assigned to you, that did all of the work that morning and was waiting for you at the door to the house only to find herself alone at the party? She was putting her best foot forward and you blew her off. I know you were probably really disappointed on that day when you lost your favorites. You were hurt. However, our hearts also break for the girls to work so hard to create a beautiful pref experience and then have PNMs refuse to come to their home. That's why some here get a little harsh to those who don't attend pref. I wish you the very best for the future and hope that one day you can attend a pref party and see all the work that is done for each special PNM.
Disappointment on both sides, right?

This happened to my daughter her first year as an active, when the PNM she had preffed and was assigned to greet on Bid Day didn't show up. She was so disappointed, as everyone else was hugging a new member and she was left standing and waiting and scanning for the one girl who had decided not to accept her bid.

Keri12, please realize that you're not starting with a clean slate during COB. Women were hurt, and as ASTAlumna said, they talk when they're hurt and disappointed.

I also wish you the best, and I sincerely hope you have another chance to join a sisterhood. Waiting until next year might work out better.