Thread: Wedding Cakes
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Lis View Post
I went to a wedding last May where the groom's cake was an ice cream cake. In case anyone was considering this, I'm warning you it is very messy. The poor girl assigned to cut that cake was having a hard time, so I stepped in and basically just started to scoop "pieces" onto plates with two forks. Maybe if it would work if it comes directly from the freezer, but I still don't recommend it.
I went to a wedding two years ago where they had Dairy Queen cakes - there was one for each table of 8 or 10. It was yummy but they were still hard to slice, we could have used a knife in addition to a cake server!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Maybe Mary Kay is now giving away pink Sylvia Weinstock cakes along with the Cadillacs?
I saw a MK Cadillac the other day! It was crazy - the woman driving it looked sort of busted and didn't have her "face" on for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Has anyone been to a wedding that they have a Cupcake Wedding Cake? http://www.ouroneheart.com/wedding-cupcake/ I love the idea and if I ever get married, that is what I'll do.
One of my law school classmates did this at her wedding last May. She had pink and brown cupcakes to match her colors.